4 x GIGABIT ETHERNET PORTS + USB SHARE PORT Docsis 3.0
Package Includes: 1 x CG3000D Modem Router
(*Comes with Ethernet Cable and Adapter*)
The NETGEAR CG3000D Cable Modem Router DOCSIS 3.0, Wireless-N Gigabit Gateway delivers the ultimate in performance for home and small business networking. This Gateway offers both wired and wireless connections for blazing fast data transfers, VoIP, Real Time HD media streaming, gaming and maximum Internet bandwidth. Along with four Gigabit Ethernet ports enabling maximum wired speeds, this full featured high performance gateway is an ideal solution for the connected home or small business with multiple computers and network enabled devicesrunning multiple applications at the same time.
8 Downstream plus 4 Upstream Channel bonding on the WAN, delivering; Up to 400 Mbps
Wireless-N delivers exceptional range and speed
Four Gigabit Ethernet ports deliver ultra-fast wired network connections
Push 'N' Connect Wi-Fi Protected SetupTM (WPS) enables quick and secure connection to the network
How to connect a Netgear router to the internet using the Setup Wizard:
This article describes how to do the initial installation process to get a Netgear router/gateway connected to the internet.
It applies to newer Netgear routers that use the Genie user interface, and that connect to the internet via a cable modem provided by your ISP, not via a DSL telephone line.
The setup is done without the need for an installation CD. No CD is included when you buy a Netgear Genie router.
The example below is done on a WNDR3400v3 router. The process is the same for all routers with the Genie user interface.
Installing the router:
1. Turn OFF cable modem and router.
2. Connect an Ethernet cable from the modem to the internet port of the router (yellow cable in the diagram).
3. Connect an Ethernet cable from the computer to any one of the LAN ports of the router (gray cable in the diagram).
4. Turn on the power of the modem and wait for all lights to become stable.
5. Turn on the power of the router and wait for the power light to become solid green.
6. On the computer, launch an Internet browser (Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome, etc) and in the address bar type www.routerlogin.com or www.routerlogin.net or http://192.168.1.1 (see the label on the bottom of your router to know which one is right for your router model, or just try each option until one works). A Netgear login screen should appear.
7. Type in the username and password. The default username is "admin" and the default password is "password".
8. Click on Advanced Tab and click on Setup Wizard. Select YES and click on Next.
Note: The Setup Wizard will now detect the Internet connection type. It will take a couple of minutes to finish the process. If it detects a PPPoE connection, it will prompt you to type in the username and password provided by your Internet Sevice Provider (ISP). Most cable connections do not require this.
9. Once the setup has finished configuring the Internet connection, it will display the "Congratulations" page.
10. Click on Take me to the Internet to test the Internet connection.
11. For further information on configuring your router, try this article , or search the Netgear online knowledgebase :http://support.netgear.com
Sign up to receive technology news and unpublished discounts twice a month