LoJack for Laptops is a recovery service that enables law enforcement to retrieve stolen laptops. When you use this service, software installed on your laptop works behind the scenes to silently and securely contact Absolute Software's Monitoring Center, and in case of theft, to report its location using any Internet connection.
Should your laptop be stolen, Absolute Software's Recovery Team not only tracks its location but also partners with local law enforcement to recover and return your laptop to you.
As an added piece of mind, with LoJack Premium, the remote data detetion option will keep your sensitive data safe.
How LoJack for Laptops works:
- You install the Computrace LoJack for Laptops software and register on Absolute Software's secure website.
- Your laptop silently and securely contacts the Monitoring Center when connected to the Internet.
- If your laptop is stolen, you file a police report and notify the Recovery Team. When your stolen laptop contacts the Monitoring Center, it's placed on high alert and starts calling in every 15 minutes, allowing the Recovery Team to closely track your laptop's location.
- The Recovery Team then provides law enforcement with tracking information and documentation essential for procuring search warrants and leading them to the location of your laptop.
- Law enforcement recovers your laptop and returns it to you.
- $1,000 Service Guarantee*
- More than 90% of the computers located with LoJack are recovered
- Patented software runs hidden in the background, and is nearly tamper-proof
- No additional hardware required
- Functions for both notebooks and desktops
- LoJack's recovery team is partnered with over 1,000 local law enforcement agencies and internet service providers across North America
- Operating System: Windows 10, Windows 8/8.1(RT not supported), Windows 7, Windows Vista
- Other: Internet connection