This product is OEM Software. OEM software cannot be used as an upgrade; any previous or trial versions of the software must be uninstalled before installing an OEM. The packaging is installation CD & Product Key/Serial Number, no box. OEM Software does not come with installation support from the manufacturer.
Built on Windows NT technology and the easy-to-use, familiar Windows 98 user interface, Windows 2000 Professional gives business users increased flexibility. The integrated Web capabilities let you connect to the Internet from anywhere, at anytime - giving your company access to host of flexible, cost-effective communications options.
In addition, broad peripheral and mobile computer support make Windows 2000 Professional an ideal operating system for a workforce that increasingly relies on notebook computers. Further, your support and administrative staff will particularly appreciate the reliability and manageability enhancements that make desktop management simpler and more efficient.
- Windows 2000 Professional is built upon the rock-solid reliability of Windows NT technology, which makes it significantly more reliable than either Windows 95 or Windows 98 technology. Reliability improvements in Windows 2000 Professional make it even more stable than Windows NT Workstation. Windows 2000 Professional offers high system uptime, dynamic system configuration and resilience to application failures.
Manageable and Easy to Use
- The support for standards-based security in Windows 2000 Professional protects corporate data in stand-alone and networked environments. Windows 2000 Professional offers a set of built-in tools that make it easier to deploy and manage. In addition, Windows 2000 Professional offers an intelligent user interface that adapts to the way users work thereby making the users more efficient.
Built for Mobile Users
- Windows 2000 Professional extends the capability of notebooks through support for Advanced Configuration and Power Interface (ACPI), Smart Battery and Advanced Virtual Private Network (VPN). It enables users to Work Anywhere, Anytime through support for offline folders and files. The improved hardware support in Windows 2000 Professional includes support for the latest hardware standards, including Universal Serial Bus (USB), Infrared Data Association (IrDA), and IEEE 1394.
Internet-enable Your Business
- Windows 2000 Professional is designed to make it easier for organizations to embrace the Internet. The built-in Internet Explorer (IE), a tightly integrated browser, provides users with a faster and richer Internet experience. With support for Dynamic HTML (DHTML) and Extensible Markup Language (XML), it offers a powerful platform for developers to create highly scalable end-to-end e-commerce and line-of-business web applications.
- Processor: 133 Mhz or higher Pentium-compatible Central Processing Unit (CPU). Windows 2000 Professional supports single and dual CPU systems
- RAM: 64 megabytes (MB) recommended minimum; more memory improves performance (4 GB RAM maximum)
- Hard Drive Space: 2 GB hard disk with a minimum of 650 MB of free space
- Drive: CD-ROM or DVD drive
- Display: VGA or higher-resolution monitor
- Peripherals: Keyboard and Microsoft Mouse or compatible pointing device (optional)