Windows Server 2016 Essentials is the cloud-ready operating system that supports your current workloads while introducing new technologies that make it easy to transition to cloud computing when you are ready. It is ideal for small businesses.
Ideal for small businesses
Windows Server 2016 Essentials Edition is a cloud-connected first server system that is ideal for small businesses with
New features of Windows Server 2016 Essentials:
Azure Site Recovery Services
- When a virtual machine that is protected from threats stops working, or the host server that it all runs on fails, Azure Site Recovery Services allows users to maintain business continuity until the virtual machine or host server on-premises is repaired and made available.
- If your server or site goes down due to faulty hardware or another failure, you can fail-over with Azure Site Recovery so that the virtual machine image stored in your backup vault will be provisioned as a running VM in Microsoft Azure.
- Combined with an Azure Virtual Network, client PCs that previously connected to the server on-premises will connect to the server running in Azure.
Azure Virtual Network
Azure Virtual networking is a service that enables organizations to create a point-to-point (P2P) or site-to-site (S2S) virtual private network that makes resources that are running in Azure (such as virtual machines and storage) look as though they are on the local network for seamless access to applications and resources.
Move an organization to the cloud
As organizations transfer their workloads to cloud computing, they seldom move all of their resources all at once. They instead move some resources to the cloud and keep some on the premises. It's much easier to move an organization to the cloud in stages over time. Azure Virtual Network integration provides the network infrastructure that makes that process seamless and manageable.
Larger Deployments Support
- Some medium-sized businesses need more functionality and capacity to implement Windows Server Essentials.
- Windows Server 2016 Essentials provides increases the manageability of domains, users, and devices by adding support for larger deployments with multiple domains and domain controllers as well as ability to specify a designated domain controller.
- Min Hard Drive Space: 32 GB
- Min Processor Speed: 1.4 GHz
- Min RAM Size: 512 MB
- Additional Requirements: Mouse or compatible device, SVGA monitor, Internet connection, keyboard