Microsoft Windows XP Pro - The Professional Choice
While the Microsoft Windows Home Edition is meant for personal use, Microsoft Windows XP Professional is designed for business use and has expanded capabilities and supports a greater number of devices and technologies.
Whether yours is a small one-man business operation with a single computer or a large office with many computers to be networked or even a large business with linked computers at many locations worldwide, Microsoft Windows XP Professional offers you incomparable computing and operational ease and security. Besides all the benefits that Microsoft Windows XP Pro offers, it is still not expensive and the price, whether for a single user or multiple user options, is extremely cheap, thus keeping the benefits of a top class operating system within the reach of even the smallest of businesses.
- Microsoft Windows 98
- Windows 98 Second Edition
- Windows Millennium Edition
- Windows NT Workstation 4.0
- Windows 2000 Professional
- Windows XP Home Edition (this will not upgrade from Media Center edition)
- Builds on the strengths of Windows 2000 and NT, making it more powerful and stable than previous operating systems.
- Supports even more devices and technologies so that you can take advantage of the next generation of hardware devices.
- Runs hundreds of programs that didn't run on Windows 2000 and enables you to set up your system to run in compatibility mode even if a program isn't supported by by Windows XP.
- Windows Messenger the easy way to communicate with anyone in real time, users can choose text, voice, and video with excellent performance.
- Remote Desktop allows users to create a virtual session onto their desktop computer from any Windows 95 or later based-computer, giving them remote access to all of their data and applications.
- Wireless 802.1x Networking Support provides secured access, as well as performance improvements for wireless networks.
- Remote Assistance allows users to have a peer or IT Professional remotely control their PC to demonstrate a process or help solve a problem.
- Policy-Based Desktop Management (IntelliMirror Technology) allows group policies and roaming user profiles, simplifying desktop and user management when using a Windows 2000 Server infrastructure.
- Multi-Language Support allows users to easily create, read, and edit documents in many different languages. Internet Explorer 6 includes many new and enhanced features that simplify tasks, increase reliability, and help maintain the privacy of personal information on the Web.
- Encrypting File System provides the highest level of protection from hackers and data theft by transparently encrypting files with a randomly generated key.
- User State Migration Tool can migrate a users data and application/operating settings from their old to their new desktop.
- New Task-Based Visual Design helps users navigate more easily by exposing the most common tasks through a cleaner and new visual cues.
This product is Retail CD & Key. It is the same cd and license found inside a retail box, but no box. Retail box software is sold at retail stores. It comes in a factory sealed retail box with the CD or DVD, plus the software license key and manuals where provided by the software manufacturer. Retail box software comes with full installation support from the manufacturer.
- Processor: 233 MHz or faster (300 MHz Pentium/Celeron family, AMD K6/Athlon/Duron family, or compatible recommended)
- RAM: 128 MB RAM or more recommended (64 MB minimum* supported)
- Hard Drive Space: 1.5 GB
- Drive: CD-ROM or DVD-ROM
- Display: Super VGA monitor and video adapter supporting 800 x 600 or higher resolution
- Video Card For DVD: Video playback: DVD-ROM drive and DVD decoder card or DVD decoder software and 8 MB of video RAMWindows Movie Maker: video capture feature requires appropriate digital or analog video capture device and 400 MHz or faster processor
- Other: Keyboard and Microsoft Mouse or compatible pointing device, 14.4 Kbps or faster modem; some Internet functionality may require Internet access, Network adapter appropriate for the type of network to which you wish to connect, and access to an appropriate network infrastructure, Microphone and sound card with speakers or headset required for voice and video conferencing
- Note: For instant messaging, voice and video conferencing, and application sharing, both parties need .NET Passport account and Internet access.